Monday, June 27, 2005

The invisible man

Ever wish you were invisible? You'd be the proverbial fly on the wall. You'd know everything that everyone is up to. Let me tell you, it's not all that it's cracked up to be. I am the invisible man. I have precognition visions that often come true. I'd like to tell her everything I see, but when it will hurt I have to keep my mouth shut. I have to just let this scene play out. I've always said that I love everything about her, that her past accomplishments as well as mistakes made up who she is. I guess that means that these current events are just as important. Tomorrow they will become the past. They will shape and mold her, and I will inevitably love her even more.

As I was saying, being invisible has it's drawbacks. My potential is never noticed. My personality is very complex, and it can change with it's surroundings. But, that goes unnoticed as well. I have a heart of gold. It's in the right place, and is everything she wants in a man. However, it doesn't shine like the sun, as it should. Perhaps it's overlooked because I wear it on my sleeve. Maybe it's not as pure as I believe. I suppose that my efforts are sometimes selfish, but isn't everyone? The perfect balance should come from selfishness, and selflessness alike. I wish that I could exhibit the latter a little better. Perhaps then, my flesh will come to light.

5 Comments:

Blogger M. Riordan said...

An auspicious beginning. Blog on.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Amazingly Amy said...

You need to write more about a burnt out mom that's hungry for penis. I'm just sayin'. Just tossin' it out there. Take it if you like it, toss it in the gutter if you don't. It can keep my hopes and dreams company down there.

Seriously though, Mikey. It's good stuff. Cool beans, as they say. Keep on writin' and I'll keep on readin'. And if you get too wishy washy or pretentious, oh Mighty King, I'll be first in line to smack some sense into you.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous GG Ballard said...

I understand the feeling of invisibility. I was adopted and raised by narcissistic parents. The ability to emotionally adapt to any situation became critical to my survival. Often times this meant becoming invisible; which is to say, three steps ahead of the situation emotionally as to draw no attention to myself. Disappear completely. This was often the safest place, for there were threats of abandonment when mom and dad faced emotional opposition. Adapt or die.

Often times, the sub-consciously selfless mistake focusing inward as selfishness. "I must make sure everyone else is happy before myself. And even then, do I really deserve it?" We all need to focus inward, without guilt. We're totally worth it.

You seem like an intelligent, empathetic, kind-hearted human being, Michael. You should blog more. I'd read it.

-GG

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As human beings we all need to be seen. There are moments when being invisible has it's perks. We bend and adapt to become these creatures the someone might not notice. We keep our heads down in class when we haven't read the material or hide from conflict, but we need to be seen and have our potential acknowledged or we run the risk of fading away.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yesterday I read your blog and after knowing you a short time, I agree with you, you do have a heart of gold and you are an amazing individual. Please write more. I think you'd make a splendid writer.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home